Rehabilitation solution for Special need Children
About Us: Pushpa Khanna Memorial Centre, a rehabilitation Centre for children with special needs, was established by NLK Group of Schools in the year 2017. The centre runs in fond memory of the great visionary and founder of NLK Group, Lt. Smt Pushpa Khanna Ji.
- to empower kids with special needs through therapies, training and skill building so that they can become an integral part of the society
- to sensitize and create awareness in society so that it respects and provides equal opportunities to the people with special needs.
- Occupational Therapy with Sensory Integration and Neuro Developmental Techniques: It is highly specialized and very effective in treating Hyperactivity, Autism, Asperser’s syndrome, Cerebral syndrome, Delayed milestone, Poor eye contact, Handwriting problems, Oro-motor/feeding problems, Posture correction, Early intervention, Pre term delivery, Nerve problems, Poor fine & gross motor skills, Poor attention/concentration, Downs syndrome, Balance problem, Paralysis, Muscular weakness
- Speech therapy: We provide specialised speech therapy which may be very useful in Speech and Language disorder, Articulation problem, Voice disorder, D.S.L. (Delayed Speech & Language), Hearing loss, Stammering Cochlear Implant Child for speech therapy, Speech therapy for a child who has undergone cochlear implant
- Special Education Services :In it scientifically researched methods are used to improve the mental abilities and cognitive skills which are the core foundations of learning and comprehension. Specific brain training exercises can strengthen these weaknesses leading to increased academic performance.
A ) Assessments: You can’t help if you don’t know where to start from! So we do Assessments to identify a student’s specific learning profile by looking at cognitive abilities–things like attention, memory, processing speed, problem- solving, language skills, and organization–and academic skills in the areas of reading, writing, and maths. We provide all internationally.
Certified Psychological Assessment Tests like:
- Full Psycho-Educational Evaluation
- Screening for learning disabilities and ADD/ADHD
- Educational tests
- Cognitive tests/Aptitude/Intelligence tests
- Projective and Personality tests
B ) Learning Support : by Using special teaching strategies for children with different types of learning difficulties to improve upon the deficient skills of the child it includes
- Reading Therapy
- Writing Therapy
- Math Therapy
- Academic Coaching
C) EIS :Early intervention services program for children aged 2 to 6 years are for kids who have just been diagnosed with a special need and focuses on preparing them for routines involved in formal schooling.
D) Counseling Services: to help parents and kids understand the various issues at hand and help them in leading a productive and positive life.
4.) Group Therapy: To build social, motor and cognitive skills to work effectively in a group setting. It helps children achieve success, feel competent and belong through a range of therapies to ensure they reach their full potential. This is achieved through various activities painting, clay modeling, origami, dance, theater, music and various sports.
5.) Teachers’ Training: We offer Certified Courses for teacher and academic staff to train them in various disabilities.
6.) Testing: We Provide all Internationally Certified Psychological Assessment Test, some of them are
- Wechsler’s Adult Intelligence Scale – Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV) (Ages 17-90 years)
- Wechsler’s Intelligence Scale for Children — Fourth Edition (WISC- IV) (Ages 6-16 yrs)
- Binet- Kamat Intelligence Test (BKT) (Ages: 3- 22 years and adults with mental handicap)
- Woodcock Johnson Test of Cognition — Fourth Edition (WJ-IV) (Ages 2-90+ years)
- Woodcock Johnson Test of Oral Language — Fourth Edition (WJ- IV) (Ages 2-90+ yrs)
- Woodcock Johnson Test of Achievement — 3rd Edition (WJ III) (Ages 2-90 + years)
You can also join our “Certificate course on Specific Learning Disability” for more details click on the below link.
The Centre is managed by:
- Ruma Chaturvedi(C.S.,L.L.B) Directress, Pushpa Khanna Memorial Centre, being mother of a special child herself, she trained herself in the field of special education and pioneered the task of bringing the best international practices to Kanpur. She is a certified PEERS social skill trainer and a certified Autism Movement Therapy trainer.
- Our Occupational and Speech therapy units are run under the able guidance of Ekta Jhingran Daftari, M.O.T. (New Zealand), C/NDT (USA), C/SI (USA). She is a pediatric neuro occupational therapist. She has been trained in India and abroad to treat children with neurological problems like cerebral Palsy, delayed development Autism, ADHD, etc. She has a vast experience of over 18 years in this field.
- Our Technical collaboration partner for Special Education wing is Veena Basu, who is also running an independent multidisciplinary center called BVerve – Brain Vitality for all. Since 1996 in Mumbai. She has over 25 years of experience as a special education teacher in America and in India. She has a Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching the Multiply Handicapped from Bombay University, and a Masters in Science, Special Education- Learning Disability from Syracuse University, New York, USA. She has completed a one year program in Narrative therapy from Adelaide; Australia
We have on board Mr. Awdhesh Pal, Speech Therapist having done D.H.L.S. (Diploma in hearing and language speech) with more than 10 years of experience.
We boast of a very dedicated, passionate and trained team PKMC committed towards the cause of making a positive change in each and every child enrolled in our centre and equally thankful to our family of enthusiastic parents who are a constructive partner in our each and every endeavor….
We have a state of art infrastructure centre equipped with all the latest equipment and a special visuo sensory room.
- Safe and Secure Building with Security Guards, CC TV cameras, Hi Tech Access systems and Building Management System.
- Full Time DG Power Back up, latest firefighting equipments, smoke detectors and digital sound broadcast system.
- Thoughtfully planned, age appropriate air conditioned therapy units,with latest equipments and furniture.
- Optimum use of technology with use of latest digital projectors and audio system for telecommunication.
- Hygienic toilets for kids with filtered drinking water facility.
- Full time housekeeping staff to ensure cleanliness and hygiene within the center.
- Audio Visual Theatre.
The center timings are from 9am in the morning till 8 pm in the evening.
Let’s come together to make a difference in the society..!!
Phone no. 7311133337, 8318899024
Email id: email@example.com
Website : pkmcnlk.org